Permissions

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 4, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I'm trying to run the latest version of Orchard on my web host but when I do I get the following error: Access to the path \App_Data\Dependencies\Lucene.dll' is denied.

I can run it just fine locally but it's only when I put it up on the server does it break, I have tried both the Source code version and the Web version with no luck.

I contacted my host but they said to get in touch with the developers to figure out what the permissions should be, any help would be much appreciated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\hshome\c246074\myblogaddress\App_Data\Dependencies\Lucene.dll' is denied.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2011 at 7:39 PM

The user under which the web server runs needs read/write access to App_data and all its subdirectories. It should also have access to Modules, Themes and Media.

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM

They said by default Read/Write permissions are applied, but they then asked if "modify" permissions are required. Thoughts?

Thanks for the quick response too.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Yes. Add that too.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Looks like that fixed it, they had to add "modify" as a permission.

Thanks for the help