Loading Nuget.core error

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jul 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I have published working copy to my Host and I am getting the following error :

Could not load file or assembly 'NuGet.Core, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM

anybody has any ideas

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Do you have an old version of NuGet in the GAC?

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I have the following NuGet assemble in the GAC

Version = 1.0.11220.104

Runtime = 4.0.30319

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Can you verify you have Nuget.Core, v1.1.0.0 in the App_Data\Dependencies folders?

My guess is that what is happening is that instead of loading the assembly from "App_Data\Dependencies", the CLR is trying to load another version of nuget.core.dll from another location. The GAC is the most likely one, but it might be that you have a copy of Nuget.Code.dll in the "Bin" folder of the app, or that there is an assembly rebinding in web.config, or a publisher policy redirecting Nuget.Core 1.1 to some other version.

Following the instructions there might help diagnose the problem: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/suzcook/archive/2003/05/29/57120.aspx

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Thanks. I corrected the problem by adding reference to NuGet from App_Data\Dependencies folder.

I am running into another problem. I published the site to my host and everything working fine. The issue that I am having is when i try to compile it in visual studio 2010. It errors out when it compiles modules saying

"The type or namespace name 'AmazonCheckout' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\4560eb12\3590e43e\App_Web_svn5akli.0.cs"

AmazonCheckout module happens to be my first module. Please advise

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM

You are probably missing the assembly reference in the project, as the error message says.

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:33 PM

There are lots of modules in the module folder but non of them have a bin directory. I don't see how to set the reference. I don't know where the dll are for these modules. Please advise

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM

References are not set by dropping a dll into bin (you must be confusing this with web site projects). It is done by adding it to the project file for the module. From VS, right-click references and add reference.

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I understand that, but here is the problem. When you right-click and add a reference I need to have a dll to add into the project. I could not find any of the dll in the module folder. In this case something like 'AmazonCheckout.dll'.

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM

You might want to contact the owners of that module: http://orchardproject.net/gallery/Package/ContactOwners/Orchard.Module.Amazon.Checkout

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:18 PM

There is something wrong with setting or configuration ??

This time I have created the new project from scratch using Webmatrix and Orchard CMS.

After I have installed Orchard CMS from the WebMatrix,  I clicked on visual studio 2010 button on top of WebMatrix and just tried to compile. First it gave a error saying reference is missing of 'Orchard.blogs' I added the reference then it started complaining about the following :

Error 2 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. C:\Documents and Settings\himam\My Documents\My Web Sites\DezignerSarees\Modules\Orchard.Blogs\Orchard.Blogs.csproj 1

I have not modified anything or added anything. Just trying to compile out of the box ??. Very frustrating. Any help will be really appreciated.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:04 PM

You will have to choose between running the WebPI/WebMatrix version and letting the application compile modules dynamically on its own, or use the full source code and compile from Visual Studio.

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I want to use Visual Studio. Here is what I did :

I  opened  visual studio and open the project as a web site since there is no solution file and then tried to compile, I got the error what I mentioned above. What I am doing wrong ? Is there any setting I have to worry about. 

Thanks for your help. I liked the product and I want to use to develop e-commerce web site for my business.  I don't know it matters my day job is software development. I have been developing it for tthe last 10 years.

Thanks again

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Right, if you are going to use Visual Studio, please use the full source code and open the solution file.

Jul 26, 2011 at 8:31 PM

But there is no solution file. Do I have to convert it to have a solution file. ?

Jul 26, 2011 at 8:40 PM

There is no solution file because you did not download the full source code.

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Thanks. Now I understand how it works