Widgets and localization

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Localization
Jul 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Can i have a contentpart which is both a widget (so it can be created and assignable to zones) and localizable? I cant see where the translation is added if you're in a layer adding a widget?

Ideas? 

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM

I think that's a hole in our localization story. You can work around it by having culture-specific layers and having different instances of the widget, I think.

Jul 14, 2011 at 7:29 PM

bugger

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Yeah. I agree.

Jul 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

If I put a widget based on a custom ContentType into the default layer - Could I detect current culture and page in the driver and pull the correct ContentItem?

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Sure. Just get an ICultureManager and call GetCurrentCulture.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Hello!

Can you please tell me how to locate the layer «Navigation» for «Html Widget»? I added the content type «Html Widget» of «Localization», assuming that it will be possible to localize the content «Html Widget», but after saving the contents of the html markup is not displayed.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 6:16 AM

What is the layer "navigation"? Can you explain more clearly what you did and what you expected?

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I installed the module Orchard.CulturePicker for global localization. I need to make the menu at two levels, and I decided to use for this purpose «Html Widget».

I added some content «Localization» in the content type «Html Widget», but at the time of publication neither of which is not shown. Please help me to fix it.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I don't see how HtmlWidget could possibly help with this. I still don't understand what you're trying to do.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Can you please tell me how to localize the content of the layer «TripelFirst»?

I'm using the localization module «Culture Picker».

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 12:37 AM

d you try this? http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Ipertrade.CultureLayer