What is the best way to mimic the about us page like on Orchard's site?

Topics: General
Jun 27, 2011 at 3:05 PM

On the OrchardProject.net's site you can see the common About Us style where an image of the person is represented along with the body of content. I can easily render this in HTML, but I would like to do it with a content type so that the site admin can use it more easily, adding and removing people as they like.

I have tried creating a simple Profile content type with Body and Common parts along with an ImageField and a few others. I can add it to a list called Profiles and host it as a widget. However, it doesn't display the image unless I go to the actual content item's page. I just keep thinking there is an easier way to do this.

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM

You just need to customize your placement.info for the summary display type of this content type.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Thanks. However, I need the image to show as a field. Not sure why it is not rendering when viewed as a list but it does when viewed as an individual item.

If I use the shape tracing and click on the Content Shape, if I choose to create a different template for the shape the file is created, but it never uses it as the Active Template. I thought that was supposed to be automatic.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2011 at 12:47 AM

That's because you are probably not activating the displaying of the field in placement.info for the summary display type (as I was saying).

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Gotcha. Apparently I have some more reading ahead of me. Thanks.