'ClaySharp.IClayBehavior' does not contain a definition for 'GetMembers'

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Just tried to upgrade my Orchard site (designer tools, I think, was the update I was trying to upgrade) and I started getting the following:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'ClaySharp.IClayBehavior' does not contain a definition for 'GetMembers' and no extension method 'GetMembers' accepting a first argument of type 'ClaySharp.IClayBehavior' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Line 169:        private void DumpShape(IShape shape) {Line 170:            var members = new Dictionary<string, object>();Line 171:            ((IClayBehaviorProvider) (dynamic) shape).Behavior.GetMembers(() => null, shape, members);Line 172:Line 173:            foreach (var key in members.Keys.Where(key => !key.StartsWith("_"))) { 

How do I nurse this baby back to health?

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Have you checked for new version of designer tools? I had this problem after installing a 1.1 module version on a 1.2 Orchard version.

Jun 22, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Thanks for this...You're right that it was a version difference, but it seems it was the other way around: I installed a newer module on an older Orchard.

I had to do the in-place upgrade from here: http://furl.ca/cb

After upgrading Orchard (and some re-tweaking of theme customizations), it was all good again.