Feeds No Longer Working After Upgrade to

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Jun 20, 2011 at 4:04 PM

After upgrading to the latest version of Orchard my feed has stopped displaying and I no longer see the "Feeds" menu item in the dashboard.  I've tried disabling and re-enabling the module, but that's all I could think of to try.  Any ideas on what I should do next?

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I checked the modules folder and the Contrib.FeedsAggregator module is missing.  I copied it from the old version and it's started working now.  I just verified that the module was not included in the zip file that I downloaded, so someone will probably need to post a new file to be downloaded.

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM

But... that's a third party module. It never was part of the distribution. What do you mean?

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM

My apologies...  Now that you mention it I do remember it being a separate module that I had to install.  I saw that the blog module relied on Feeds and thought it was the same thing, but apparently it's different.  I'm learning something new about Orchard everyday and it's very nice.  Sorry to bother you with this non-issue.  :)  I'll have to remember this when I upgrade to future versions.

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM

No problem.