urgghhh, I just want to mess about with some data!!

Topics: Writing modules
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Have been watching from the sidelines lately and yes, I did say I was totally convinced about Orchard but I still think this forum is a bit of a pain in the arse ;)

Anyway....I need to implement (in a module) IS0 3166 , ISO 3166-1 and ISO 3166-2 along with SubDivisions and locations (UN LOCODES) which works out roughly as a minimum of 90K + records. Actually I would push this to a min of 200K. (I will put this out as a module eventually If I can get this to work efficiently. I hope!)

I can do this In Orchard (I have done so far) it's no problem, but I am stuck here with my 200k items created as ContentItems and I am Stuck (with as far as I can see) the automatically generated  content item Id (int) .It just smells fishy tbh, and obviously it's my thinking that is wrong in regards to  Orchard.

Having 200k ContentItems (just the locations) which eventually will have what I would expect (hope)to  have a couple of thousand items transiently attached to them on a monthly basis isn't going to cut it in the long term.

Urrghhh.... all I just really want to do is create a couple of tables and populate them (I have the data and CAN get it in to Orchard). I want to manage the relations and attach a car salesman in Europe/United kingdom/Staffordshire/Stoke-on-Trent/Longton to it

I bet that makes no sense at all... sorry in advance.

PS: I hope I wake in the morning with a moment of clarity, and a strong coffee... 

ISO 3166-1

ISO 3166-2

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Content Item Id is in place so that Orchard can link Parts and Fields to Content Items. You don't have to use it if what you're building is not a Content Item.

Just put your classes under a Records or Models namespace and then Orchard will know to wire it up as a class proxy. From there on you are free to mess with it as you would in any NHibernate project.

Come back with a more clear question, if this doesn't answer your need to mess with data.