Multitenancy Site Set-up

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Sorry, very new to Orchard and MVC/Razor.  I am just testing right now (and I understand the complexities of setting up multitenancy on the localhost), but I was a bit unclear about the actual site-names when reading the Orchard Documentation about it (and some posts here).

Basically, I want to set up different sites using one Orchard installation. I have a GoDaddy virtual dedicated server (which means its not fully mine, but that I can log in and install/configure the server how I like).  I also have multiple domains.  I want to be sure that I can use one installation for www.site1.com and www.site2.com (apart from the "default" or landlord site).  When I create the tenant sites, I notice that its named something like http://site1.com:3030/OrchardSite (not exact), and I just want to make sure that I am doing things correctly when I actually do deploy.  The Orchard docs use site1.orchard.com as an example, but I do not want to have subdomains.  Does multitenancy mean I must use subdomains, or am I ok to use different domains (www.site1.com and www.site2.com)?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

That should be fine, yes.

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Either one work remesg. You can use individual domains or sub-domains.

Jun 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Thanks for the quick replies.