Creating a Content Part for a List

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Editor
Jun 7, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I have created a content part that I have added to the list content type. I followed the http://www.orchardproject.net/docs/Writing-a-content-part.ashx demo for the most part and the admin editor templates are working well. One problem I am seeing is having my View template render on the client. What does happen is that in the Admin UI when I am looking at the various content types the template contents render there inside the entry for all list items.When I browse to a page that is the location of one of my lists it does not show up. It is not rendering that content part.

Some background:

I am trying to add this content part to the list type so I can filter out items based on a certain field value. Secondly, I want to render some filter links before each list to activate the filter. I am happy to send the source code if someone could take a look at this.

Thanks

Editor
Jun 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Looking at it some more, perhaps adding it to the list content type is not the appropriate method since it is the Container part of the list that renders the contents?

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:13 PM

This is a common problem and I think it's being changed for 1.2. The Container just renders its child items, not the Container item itself. There are a few threads knocking about with workarounds.