Problem installing Advanced Menu Module

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Jun 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM

After doing this several times with different versions of Orchard, I have decided to reach out to the community for help.  I am tring to install this module but I am getting the same errors no matter now matter different times I try it or different machines I try it on.  Here is what I have done:

• I have installed the latest Codeplex version - 452d1a579927 - 5/31 @ 9:09 PM
  • v1.2.1 Advanced Menu Module

Build Steps:

• I started by installing Orchard and running the "ClickToBuild" script file.
  • I clicked on the Orchard.Web project and selected Tools | Linked Package Manager | Add Library Package Reference
    • I then used NuGet to install the "Code Generation" module - No errors in install or build afterwards.
    • Finally, I installed the Advanced Menu Module using NuGet.
      • The installation process took a long time, but when it was done, I got the message, "Installation Successful"
      • When I went to do a build on the Orchard.Web project I got the following errors:

That's it !!!

Error

Custom tool error: Schema specified is not valid. Errors:

D:\Development\dotNet\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Packaging\Service References\GalleryServer\Reference.datasvcmap

Orchard.Web

(0,0) : error 0019: Each property name in a type must be unique. Property name 'Rating' was already defined.

(0,0) : error 0019: Each property name in a type must be unique. Property name 'RatingsCount' was already defined.

(0,0) : error 0019: Each property name in a type must be unique. Property name 'DownloadCount' was already defined.

Error

The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Common.ViewModels' already contains a definition for 'ItemReferenceContentFieldDisplayViewModel'

D:\Development\dotNet\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.PublishLater\ViewModels\ItemReferenceContentFieldDisplayModel.cs

Orchard.Web

Error

The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Common.ViewModels' already contains a definition for 'ItemReferenceContentFieldEditorViewModel'

D:\Development\dotNet\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.ArchiveLater\ViewModels\ItemReferenceContentFieldEditorViewModel.cs

Orchard.Web

Error

The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Dashboard' already contains a definition for 'AdminMenu'

D:\Development\dotNet\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Pages\AdminMenu.cs

Orchard.Web

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Are you sure that your setup actually works without attempting to install the module? You seem to have a copy of VS so it would be a lot easier to just open src/orchard.sln and build from VS. Then launch the app and go through setup.

Once you've verified that this works, don't install modules through NuGet. Rather, just go to Modules/Gallery in the admin UI and install from there.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:42 PM

That worked !  Thank you for your quick reply.  Installing Modules via VS/NuGet is not the way to go I guess...

-P