How to list pages under multiple sections

Topics: Customizing Orchard
May 18, 2011 at 5:22 PM

My website contains a 'News' section containing the latest news items.  I want to list all news items under the 'news' section but I also want selected news pages to appear on the home page under a 'selected news'.  So some pages will appear on the home page and under the 'news' section. Whats the best way to achieve this?

I have tried using a list but I cannot assign pages to multiple lists.  I have looked into the taxonomies module and it looks like what I need.  But how would I find all pages listed under a term?

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM

You should take a look at the Taxonomies module. I released a screencast explaining how to use it: http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2011/05/17/using-taxonomies-in-orchard.aspx

May 18, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Thanks, that's a great screencast.  I'm using the taxonomies module and now I want to list all the pages for a specific verb term.

I want to create a widget that will list the page titles that have a specific taxonomy term but I don't know how I would go about getting the list of pages.  I read somewhere on these pages that you can't query pages by field so if that's true how can I obtain a list of pages that have a specific taxonomy term?

Is there any documentation or posts to point me in the right direction?

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 10:12 PM

You can query Taxonomies although it is using fields because they do not use the default field storage but instead builds its own tables. I'd look at the source code for the controllers in the module.