Intalling Orchard latest version need error messages

Topics: Installing Orchard
Apr 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Trying to run the setup page, by hitting the domain url... and I see an error page that tells me, what is below.

What's my next step then, my host told me MVC 3 is in the environment now, but who knows.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off"

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<customErrors mode="Off"/>
Apr 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM

It's impossible to know until you turn custom errors off so we can have the real error message. But if I had to guess you probably cut this error message right where it was going to start being interesting: where it gives framework version info. Please check first that the app pool this is running in is configured to run ASP.NET 4.0.