How to use orchard in my website

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, Installing Orchard
Apr 27, 2011 at 5:15 AM

I am new to orchardproject. I have created a website in using c#.  I want to use orchard blog only in my existing website. How can I do it? Please help me out.

May 1, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Orchard is not a blogging engine.  It does include blogging functionality, but that's not its primary purpose.  You would be better off using code from other blogging systems, like das blog or subtext.  You could add those as sub-applications to your site relatively easily. 

May 2, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Thanks for has made things simple now, but I dont know how I will use Subtext as Subapplication to my existing website. It will be highly appriciated if you give some step by step example to complete this.

waiting for your response

May 3, 2011 at 1:31 AM

This is not a subtext support forum, therefore such information would be off topic.  My point is that Orchard is a complete CMS system, and dedicated blogging engines are designed to do one thing and are much better fit to work as a sub-application of a site. 

If, on the other hand, you wanted to implement your entire site with Orchard, and use Orchards blogging capabilties for your blogging, then Orchard would be appropriate.

May 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Edited May 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM

In Orchard you can add module (which is pretty much MVC area) add routing and then do your stuff in standard MVC controller/view way. This approach allows for CMS capabilities from Orchard and ASP.NET MVC functionality from your module mixed together. You can even theme rendering of content from your controller/view and use Orchard's layouts/widgets. I have used this approach to build this website: