Content Link Module

Topics: Writing modules
Apr 26, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Hi,
I would really like the possibility to link an item (e.g. in Typo3).

So the idea is that i create an ContentLinkPart or ContentType and there you can specify the Id of a content element
and this content element will be rendered exactly the same way out if you just create a copy.

But i don't know exactly how i can do that. 

Assumption?:

• Creating ContentLinkPartRecord with a 1:1 Relation to ContentItemRecord
  • Render out the ContentItemRecord with the Display Method

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Hi,

I'm making a connectors module. So it gives you a SocketsPart (that you can add to items) and a ConnectorPart (so you can create "connecting types").

The linked items will be rendered as normal *but* you then have the option to customise the templates, using an alternate which includes the Connector type name; so you can make items render differently depending on how they're linked, if you want.

I've talked about it before but haven't released anything yet. But I've actually got around to looking at it again today and hopefully I'll be able to release something either today or tomorrow. Just testing some actual use cases and implementations :)

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Great =)
Im looking forward to see your code .
May 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM
randompete wrote:

Hi,

I'm making a connectors module. So it gives you a SocketsPart (that you can add to items) and a ConnectorPart (so you can create "connecting types").

The linked items will be rendered as normal *but* you then have the option to customise the templates, using an alternate which includes the Connector type name; so you can make items render differently depending on how they're linked, if you want.

I've talked about it before but haven't released anything yet. But I've actually got around to looking at it again today and hopefully I'll be able to release something either today or tomorrow. Just testing some actual use cases and implementations :)

Did you release your module ?

May 3, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Hi Lukii,

Got slightly off track with this. Just been setting up a Hg repository to make the code available, once I've done some tidying up and written some brief docs I'll give out some public access details.

Pete

May 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Can you write here when your finished :)

So that me and other interested people find it easier.

Thanks very much for your pioneer work.

greetz