Captcha module problem in orchard v1.1

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 15, 2011 at 8:52 AM

When click Setting under admin panel, prompt this error as below:

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Comments' does not exist in the namespace 'Orchard' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

May 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I had this same issue.  I had to disable Captcha completely to get the settings page to work again.

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I have this issue with 1.2.41, and 'general settings' is now not working. Disabling captcha resolves the issue (but loses captcha of course)

Hopefully this is resolved soon ....

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM

You might want to contact the author of the captcha module: it seems like it's become incompatible with 1.2.

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Thanks, will do

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Looks like the issue may be related to displaying null values in the Admin area since a record isn't created for the settings by default.

I opened the table and added a record with some dummy information in the key fields and I was then able to load the Settings screen and everything updates fine now.

I didn't look too much into it though. I also removed a line from the shape template: @using Orchard.Comments.Models;

I couldn't figure out why this include was added since nothing from Orchard.Comments was referenced.  I think the author used Orchard.Comments as a basis for developing this module and just forgot to remove that line of code from the View.