Page Title in List

Topics: General
Apr 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I have a page in which I have a list. 

Is there anyway I can display the title of the page as it does not show up any where, just the list items?

Do you know the file(s) I need to edit?

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM

I have created a content type called Case studies that is a List. I can define a title for the List and now have to display that title before the items start to be rendered. I need some guidance on how to achieve this. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Hi George, 

There's a known limitation with the way Lists are rendered. There are a number of ways around it and the following discussion shows one method (along with reasons why this hasn't been changed yet) :

There are other possible ways that avoid altering core Orchard code, such as implementing an IShapeTableProvider to add your own shapes when the List shape is built.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. I have tried following the example given in the url but if I try @Display(Model.Title) in Display.cshtml I get nothnig. Am I editing the right file? Orchard\Orchard.Web\Core\Containers\Views\Item\Display.cshtml

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:51 PM

As that discussion shows, you use:

In Display.cshtml. This renders all parts and shapes from the list item including its RoutableTitle which is what you actually want. You can hide any parts you don't want using

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Fantastic, thats sorted it!