Media Picker Function

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Apr 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I found that media picker plugin function is available only on tinyMice editor. Once i activate CKEditor editor feature, the media picker plugin can't be share with ckeditor. It's still need to be modified as well.. Got anyone has already modified it to plugin onto CKEditor plugin directory?

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM

This would be very useful, as far as I know it hasn't been done yet.

I started looking at it but I hadn't got anywhere yet.

This other codeplex project might be a good place to start looking at ways to integrate with CK:

Theoretically it should be pretty easy to just add a button to the CK toolbar to pop up MediaPicker. Proper integration with CK's file management tabs would be the ideal scenario in the end tho.

I also contacted the author of the module but sadly he's been affected by the Japan earthquake and won't be able to work on it for some time.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Have you some news because i need exaclty the same feature.

Thanks !

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:07 PM

No news; I'll put together my own CKEditor module and get this working if I don't hear anything soon, I just have other priorities right now. If you wanted to start a new integration on codeplex I'd be happy to lend a hand :)

Apr 25, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Hi Randompete,

I tried it out already in the progress, but still hit the problem.. Probably you can try it out also as well.

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Hi, Ive noticed that the last post was in April.  Has anyone developed this any further?  Would love to have this feature

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM

stulk: The CKEditor module is now on a codeplex project:

No more has been achieved on the media picker integration unfortunately (although I started making some baby steps in that direction).

I'm still hoping for someone to help out with the integration who is more familiar with CKEditor plugins and Javascript in general. I've a lot of work to do on a lot of projects already :)