How do I retrieve the admin password?

Topics: Administration
Apr 12, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I forgot my admin password to get to the Orchard administration panel but I don't see a "forgot your password" option on the admin login screen.  Is there anyway to retrieve the password?

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Well, you'd need to go into the admin in order to configure password retrieval...

Your best option at this point is to crack open the database and look for Orchard_Users_UserPartRecord. If you setup a new local instance of Orchard on your dev machine, you should be able to crack open the new database, grab your admin record from the table in that new database and copy it over to the old one. That should enable you to log in with your old credentials.

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Not sure how you got on with retrieving  your password or if this applies to your situation but I have just had a similar issue after upgrading to the new version and using a DB from previous Installation. 

The new version requires a password with a minimum length of 7 characters however the previous lets you use 6. As my previous Installation was just for farting around with my password was 123456. When this is the case its just a mater of changing your password before you swap the DB across.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM

You can follow the process described here

update [dbo].[CoinLecture_Orchard_Users_UserPartRecord] set Password='myPassword',PasswordFormat='Clear'where UserName ='admin'