Apr 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Edited Apr 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Running Orchard setup in Vs2k10sp1, I get an error saying "setup failed. Login failed for user 'foo'.
My database connection string is:
server=.\sqlexpress; database=orchard; persist security info=true; user id=foo; password=foo;
Can anybody shed light on this? How's a database created?
I am hitting similar issue. I have a hunch the issue might come down to a simple setting change somewhere; however, I can't seem to find it or google it somewhere. Any suggestion is really appreciated.
My setup is following:
- The machine is running Windows 2008 Enterprise server and is not in a domain.
- The web server is on the same box and is running ASP.NET 4.0.
- Same machine runs SQL 2K8 server and hosts Orchard database.
- I create a local windows user - _OrchardDbUser and set a secured password for this account.
- When I login the machine using '_OrchardDbUser', I am able to connect to Orchard database using Sql management studio console. Creating table and saving table operation is successful.
- However, when I try to use this DB in the Orchard setup page, I got a 'Login failed for user - _OrchardDbUser'.
Seeing the error, I have tried following and still seeing same error:
- Disable firewall to remove all firewall related issue.
- Change sql serve to run in Mix mode.
I am sure this is not a Orchard issue because I created a simple C# command prompt project and I got the same error. Does anyone know what (security) setting I need to change to able to connec to DB?
- // string constr = "Data Source=GoodBox;Initial
Catalog=Orchard;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=_OrchardDbUser;Password=(goodone)";
string constr = @"Data Source=GoodBox;Initial Catalog=Orchard;User Id=_OrchardDbUser;Password=(goodone)";
string constr = @"Server = localhost; Database = Orchard; User ID = _OrchardDbUser;Password=(goodone); Trusted_Connection = False;";
constr = @"Data Source=GoodBox;Initial
Catalog=Orchard;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=_OrchardDbUser;Password=(goodone);Integrated Security=True";
sqlconn = new