Problems with lists and content types

Topics: General
Mar 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I have been playing with what is possible with Orchard and I have been unable to use the lists. I found that you need to add the containable part to the type so it can be listed. I was following this documentation and it is showing an option for a contains dropdown when creating a list. I have been unable to get this to come up. I'm sure it is something simple, could someone point me in the correct directions?

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:04 AM

What parts are on your type?

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I included all the parts that the documentation said, Body,Comments,Common,Containable,Route,Tags. I think that is what it said.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Are you using a build later than 1.0? There is a bug that was fixed by [changeset:4496] that prevented the part from showing in the edit screen of containable parts.

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Make sure your list is not set as the home page, known bug!

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Please note that the documentation on the Creating Lists topic ( is updated for the 1.1 release, and is currently working in the build as of rev. # 4663 (dev).

If you are running on a recent build including 4663, and still having issues running this tutorial, please send a repro or refer to the specific part of the tutorial where things aren't working as expected.

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I am currently on version 1.0.20 , I can't seem to find where to get version 1.1. If you could point me in the correct location for that i'll give it a shot.

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM

It's not out. It will be around April 12.

More recent drops can only be obtained by getting a source enlistment or from the source code tab.