Using XmlRpc ATOMPub to manage general site content

Topics: General
Mar 16, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Is it currently possible to use ATOMPub to allow my site content editors to manage content via a Silverlight client?  It looks like it is currently possible to manage blog content, but can we also manage general site content items via XmlRpc commands?

I have a large Silverlight application that needs some content management functionality.  I'm interested in leveraging that functionality in Orchard, but accessing it via my Silverlight client.  The users would edit most of the content via Silverlight, but would view the content in a combination of Silverlight screens as well as the usual web pages. 

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:29 PM

There is currently no AtomPub implementation on Orchard but that seems doable as a module, within some constraints.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:11 PM

What (if any) system is in place to support remote content management either via XmlRpc, WCF, or something else?  If there is already a method of managing content remotely, then I'll use it. 

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

We have MetaWeblog for blog contents, that's it. You'd have to build your own module beyond that.