TinyMCE editor not showing

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Mar 10, 2011 at 6:34 PM

When attempting to edit or create a page, the editor is not showing but the save button is present. Clicking save creates a blank page. This happens in IE9 and Chrome. 

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Definitely not reproducing that. What build is that?

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Orchard v. Got it from WebPI

Another problem I'm having with this install is that switching to the Contoso theme doesn't work completely. Fonts, yes, menu bar, yes, most of the rest of it: no.

As long as I'm editing, might as well add some more detail. I initially put this down to a permissions problem and ensured that the correct process had write permissions. Done and done as far as that is concerned. 

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Yeah, your installation is probably corrupt. Can you try again?

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Sure, I'll give that a whirl. What I do find odd is that I have had the theme problem on two different boxes. Anyway, I'll update this in a few moments.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Installing a clean version cleared up my TinyMCE problem. However, I'm still having a problem with themes. In addition to the problem detailed above regarding the Contoso theme, attempting to install a new theme generates the following message:

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\u45woscv.0.cs' could not be found error CS2008: No inputs specified

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Can you explain what "the rest of it" is?

Can't reproduce your problem with theme installation but something seems to be wrong with your box.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I have a couple of screen shots to demonstrate, you can find them at:

https://files.me.com/kcstevens/5ui5pm (the Theme Machine)

https://files.me.com/kcstevens/y13g6c (after switching to Contoso)

This happens both on my dev box and on the server.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Mmmh, that looks exactly like what you'd expect. Then again, I don't know what you were expecting.

So that temporary class error, when does it happen? Do you have repro steps?

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Ahh..maybe my expectations are indeed off. Okay, back in the old days of 0.5, when I installed the Contoso theme the resulting home page looked precisely like the image in the gallery (image slider, blue background, etc). That isn't what is happening now when I enable the theme. That is the source of my confusion in this matter.

The temporary class issue happens when I try to install a theme or module on the server. In that environment, the site is on some drive other than C:, I also get the "error installing theme" message related to checking folder permissions.

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM

The sysadmin and I worked out the temporary class issue by giving the IIS_WPG account write access to C:/Temp, but he doesn't like it and wants to know if the temp directory is configurable.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Investigating. That looks definitely fishy.

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Can you add the full call stack?