LIDNUG: A deep tour around Orchard Project with Bertrand Le Roy

Topics: Announcements, General
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Register for this virtual event at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1317916925

LIDNUG - Orchard, Bertrand Le Roy Mar 21, 2011 <input name="cost_10234987" type="hidden" value="0.00" /> Free

ASP.Net MVC is pretty much the hottest topic these days for us ASP.Net developers! Whether or not you're a web forms guy, it's doubtful that you haven't heard about it.

With MVC 3 having just been released (yes, that's 3 full releases since 2007 - dang those guys are busy) it's not a big surprise to find projects already popping up that's based on it.

What is surprising tho is that the #5 most downloaded project on CodePlex is a project based on ASP.Net MVC 3.

Orchard Project was created by a heap of very, very talented professionals and we managed to capture one of the guys for a technical overview/walkthrough of Orchard Project.

The guy we've caught is probably one of the smartest brains in the software industry - Bertrand Le Roy. His contributions to the ASP.Net community, both from within Microsoft and from his own personal contributions has been extensive (see bio re: JQuery).

What we'll be seeing in this session is an in-depth look at Orchard Project and since we got a whole hour and a half with Bertrand, i'm sure there's many, many other interesting questions we'll have for him.

So, what is Orchard Project - it's a true community driven, Microsoft supported, open source project - a fully fledged ASP.Net MVC 3 based Web CMS. To get to know more is simple - register for this event.

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM

This is where I have to say I object to some of what they are saying in there. They seem for example to have a poor grasp on probabilities or intelligence, or both. It had to be said.

Hope to see lots of you on March 21.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

This is where I have to say I object to some of what they are saying in there. They seem for example to have a poor grasp on probabilities or intelligence, or both. It had to be said.

Hope to see lots of you on March 21.

That may be true, but I see no overpowering need to dissuade them of their notions ;-)

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:08 AM
I suppose they could have balanced it out a bit by talking about how photogenic you are B

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Arrrrgh!

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Only a couple of days more to go guys....

definitely looking forward to attending this event.

--Brian

p.s. can object all you like Bertrand - :) doesn't make one ounce of difference :p

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Thanks for posting this or I would have missed it.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:42 AM

7 hours and 18 minutes to go http://lidnug-bleroy.eventbrite.com/

PS: Downloads on codeplex is almost 50.000 !!

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Registration is not possible anymore, login is possible in 25 minutes and in 55 minutes it starts.

PS: Downloads is currently 50.010 woooo