HTML widget without datetime

Topics: General
Feb 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Hi,

I'm completely new to orchard. Is there a way to configure the widgets to hide the published date and time? I'm thinking there might be a setting of some sort.

If not then I guess I'll have to do my first dig into the code.

Thanks,
Greg

Developer
Feb 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM

You can achieve that two-fold:

1. Hide it via CSS - .widget .metadata .published { display:none; } or .content-item .metadata .published {display:none;} if you want to hide the date time on every content item (page, blog etc.)
  2. Override the template for the Parts_Common_Metadata shape (with just an empty one). Overriding shape templates is described well in docs: http://www.orchardproject.net/docs/Accessing-and-rendering-shapes.ashx

Hope it helps

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Piotr,

This is a great answer and it works perfectly. But how did you know this?

In other words, how would someone new to Orchard figure this out?

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Great. I'll try it out a bit later on.
JonnyBoats - I think I could have worked it out myself but sometimes you get a better answer by asking the question.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM, JonnyBoats <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Piotr,

This is a great answer and it works perfectly. But how did you know this?

In other words, how would someone new to Orchard figure this out?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Or use placement.info to send the shapes into the “-“ zone.

Developer
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Right, forgot about this one, thanks Bertrand:)

@JonnyBoats: You ask how to figure this out - reading docs, reading source, asking questions here (the Team is really helpful!) and writing own modules (think about something cool and try to build - that's the best way:))