Feeds Aggregator

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I'm using the Feeds Aggregator to show the past few items of selected feeds (seen on AsideSecond of www.ariankulp.com).  Two issues I can't solve:

1) How do I get rid of the date/time for each feed?  This is probably the same date/time showing for my blog itself, but I can't figure out what common part to change.  Not all widgets display it...

2) When I give a number of items, I assume it will be the latest items.  I checked the source code for the module and it looks like it does a sort then a Take, but the items that end up displayed are clearly not the most recent.  Is this a bug or something else?

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:14 AM

1) Today that is not supported. You'd have to modify the FeedPart display shape in the code.

2) That is a bug. Look at http://orchardfeeds.codeplex.com/workitem/5. I will try to get that one and a few other minor issues as soon as possible.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:08 AM

That would be great!  Can you tell me how customizations fit into upgrade plans?  More plainly, I changed the cshtml files for this module since I didn't like the display output.  Essentially what I've done is skinned it, but I had to do it right in the module's distribution files.  True skinning would survive an upgrade.  When you release the fixes I will need to keep track of my customizations and perform them again (they aren't general enough to contribute back).  How might this be addressed in the future?

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:27 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Have you considered overwritting the Shape in the theme ? That should work.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM

That sounds promising.  Do I just copy the cshtml files there and the theme location takes precedence?