Silverlight app

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:08 AM

Is it possible to host silverlight Media Framework in orchard and have it pull videos from media folder in orchard?  Also, how will one go about creating such a module.

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Yes, in the Gallery there's a Silverlight module I wrote, which should suit your need:) The module provides a SilverlightPart, which displays an app (the <object> tag) and a built-in SilverlightPage content type, so you can create Silverlight pages right away. If you'd like to play videos, there are two things you should do (apart from uploading videos to media filders:)

1. Write the Silverlight application and embed it using SilverlightPart (or just create the provided SilverlightPage). Make sure the application reads the file URL from initialization parameters collection.
  2. Pass the media file path to the Silverlight player via InitParams property (can be set when creating SilverlightPart).

I'm in the process of creating such player and will make it available out-of-the-box in the next module release.

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:12 AM

Thanks pszmyd... Can't wait to see your module.. what i'm looking to do is have a silverlight music player. the player list an artists album and also play song from the album.