Blogs with different content types

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I've created a site where I use the Blogs feature for News articles, I have added some custom fields to the Blog and BlogPost content types to get the extra features I require i.e. Taxonomy

Question: I'm wanting to create a second Blog with different content types, i.e. one Blog I want to have extra content fields in the content type and the other Blog I don't... Is this possible?

The current solution I'm thinking of is to copy paste the blogs source code and do a "Find and replace" of the word Blog with News, That way I will have two completly independent modules/features to modify the content types of... Is this the best solution? (I know its not the best in terms of upgrading when new blog features come out)

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Essentially, you'd need two distinct content types in principle, which would lead to either defining an entirely new Blog+ content type, or to using multi-tenancy so that you can have different content type definitions in two separate tenants.

Now there is another option, which is to write a handler that on loading of a blog post content item would add the part/fields on the fly. That would totally work but requires some programming.