Changing the date of a blog post

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM

After importing data from orchard 0.5 into orchard 1.0, all my blog posts have the same posted date. I'd like to change these dates, and backdate them to when they were actually created. Is there any way to do this?

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I had that happen with a BlogML import I did.  I needed to go to the content tables in a SQL query window.  The creation date was fine, it was the publish dates that were all the same.  A simple update query fixed it nicely.  If you need more details, I can look into it which tables I updated and what queries you need.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Yep, mine was after a blogML import. It is hard to tell if this is still an issue with the latest version since the export  from Orchard 0.5 of necessity wasn't done with the latest version of BlogML. It's hard for me to get to the DB on my host, so a web admin UI would be better.

Apr 24, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Hi, my client is requesting the functionality to change a blog post date. I cannot ask them to go into the data base. Is there another way to do it?

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:07 PM

You could add a custom date field to the BlogPost content type, then customise the template to use that instead of the real date (if provided).

May 8, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Hi could you explain this in more detail. I'm too stupid to work this out :(

Developer
May 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Sorry this happened... I havent noticed this behaviour in the lastest version of the BlogML module.... Im not sure about the export stuff on version 0.5... but import should be fine.

May 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM

My case is not with BlogML... I just want to be able to change the published date so that my client (not me the developer) has control of the order of posts and date whenever she likes.

May 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Adding a custom field sounds like an ugly hack - is there any reason why a module can't edit these dates?

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 9:21 PM

There is no reason why a module couldn't edit thses dates, and actually if you pick up the latest 1.x drop, it's implemented there (it will be in 1.2).

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

There is no reason why a module couldn't edit thses dates, and actually if you pick up the latest 1.x drop, it's implemented there (it will be in 1.2).

Sorry if my question is stupid, is it implemented in the current Orchard release? Thanks)

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Yes, you can enable it by going into the content type editor and modifying the settings under the common part for your type.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Thanks a lot for a quick reply!

It works fine, great! :)

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I'm trying to do this, can some walk me through how to please?
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I just did :) What is it you're not following? What did you try and how did it not work?