multi-tenancy blowing up

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:25 AM

any ideas on this? tried adding a new site and it complained about something having a space in it (the password?), and it's now blowing up with:

Line 15:      @*Model.Zones.AddRenderPartial("head:before", "HeadPreload", Model);*@
Line 16:      @*Html.Zone("head", ":metas :styles :scripts"); %>*@
Line 17:      @Display(Model.Head)
Line 18:     <script>(function(d){d.className="dyn "+d.className.substring(7,d.length);})(document.documentElement);</script> 
Line 19: </head> 
Feb 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM

And today, i guess it recycled the app pool and let me try to create the siet again, but.. im getting the same error i orginally got, which is complaining that a space cannot be in the site name. so i removed all spaces, and it continues to complain about it.

Ill try to attach a screenshot

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM

screen is here

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:23 PM

When you create your site, don't put spaces in the site name.  If you did this, you need to go delete the tenant from under the app_data folder and recreate without a space. I could be completely wrong about this, but that fixed my issues.

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I tried re-creating it and it still blows up, but maybe the old site name is cached? I'll check the db.

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I have been having the same problem with Multi Tenancy on Azure.  I setup a new tenant (on a fresh install) with no spaces or special characters in the name.  And I got the same error.  Some time later (days) I went back to try to setup the tenant again, and it worked.  I'm also guessing that the app pool recycled in the interim. 

As to why it is failing initially, and then succeeding later, with no changes being made,   I have no idea.  Hopefully the Orchard team can shed some light on it.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM

The code fix I posted below seems to fix this tenant provisioning bug. The release code doesn't check for the site settings before creating it, which throws every time it tries to modify it.

http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/249654