CMS Matrix

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Has anyone submitted Orchard to the CMS Matrix?  I do not see it on their list, but would be interested to see how it stacks up against a few other CMS that I have used in the past.

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I will.

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:52 PM

That is not a very good way to choose a CMS though. It's a somewhat dated laundry list of checkboxes. It does a very bad job in particular of showing the potential and extensibility of each system. It's very quantitative and not very qualitative. I'll submit an entry for Orchard but I really don't like it.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I felt that the matrix there has a target audience for people that really just want a finished, out of the box management system. There isn't an entry for the Cuyahoga project, another management system with a audience closer to Orchard, for the same reasons already mentioned here.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Yeah, exactly: at this point Orchard is not fully-featured in that sense but it does provide all the right extensibility points. We will not look good in such a comparison because of that. There are lots of questions where I just had to answer no although I knew exactly how to enable it. Some other questions make no sense at all or are irrelevant.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I completely agree with the relevance of CMS Matrix and how it presents the information, but there aren't any alternatives that I know of.  The main reason I asked for this is because I have only taken a cursory look through Orchard at this point and am not familiar with how it works completely, and thought it would be useful for people out there to see the features included.  It's worth noting that something like Umbraco, which is also not fully featured in that sense, is listed on CMS matrix, but it looks like a very complete solution when you compare it to others.

At any rate, thanks for submitting it... we'll see how long it takes them to approve it!

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:48 AM

might be a good source for a building a todo list for orchard tho, eh? ;)

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I thought the same thing :D