Changing Footer

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I don't see any option to change the contents of the Footer (zone)? Can this be done using the Dashboard?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 7:59 AM

No, you need to write a template override in your theme.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Thanks.

I suppose this means adapting/changing the BadgeOfHonor.chtml file under .\Themes\<ThemeName>\Views ?

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM
gdillen wrote:

Thanks.

I suppose this means adapting/changing the BadgeOfHonor.chtml file under .\Themes\<ThemeName>\Views ?

You can also modify Layout.cshtml by putting a copy into your theme's (or child theme) Views folder.

If you look in Layout,cshtml from TheThemeMachine you will see that approximately 30 lines are devoted to the footer.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Ok thanks.

but the only thing i want to apdapt is  the copyright information eg. copyright">@T("&#169; Contoso Company 2010 ;
I don't see how I can do this by modifying/copying into my theme Views folder of Layout.cshtml?

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Gdillen,

If all you want to do is change that copyright line you are correct that the easiest way to do that is to simply change the contents of the BadgeOfHonor.cshtml file. It is a one line file and should be relatively easy to understand.

If someone wanted to make more extensive customizations to the footer (or other parts of the page for that matter) then Layout.cshtml is the place to look.

I assume you already know this, but for new people who may be reading this post remember the place to make the changes is not in the original Theme (TheThemeMachine or whatever) but rather in a child theme where one places a copy of the original file from the original theme's directory.

For reference, here is the documentation on customizing themes: http://www.orchardproject.net/docs/Customizing-the-default-theme.ashx