This project is read-only.

Building an installation package?

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM

What is the process to build a web deployment package for the entire project, if I am building from the source code solution? I have custom modules I need to push out, and it would be easier to just publish the entire thing. But if I build a web deploy package from the Orchard.Web project, it only builds that module, and does not include any of the other modules.

Is there a build script somewhere I should be looking at?

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:46 AM

You need to include everything.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Careful if you build with VS though as it results in way too many dlls that won't get used in the end. Bottomline is that deployment needs to be improved.

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:00 AM

So the simple solution is to clean my project, and then to a full rebuild in release mode and upload everything under the Orchard.Web project directory?

Is anyone working on a deployment script file?

It seems the correct solution would be to run msbuild to build everything in the solution, and the build a web deployment package from just the Orchard.web, and then add in all the rest of the dll's and views needed?

How is the official project built and packaged? Is there a script for that?

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:07 AM

I would actually do some cleanup after building. The official build package is built with the MS Build scripts that you can find in the source code.

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I must be dense, but I am not able to find where the MS build scripts are located in the source code. Can you point me at the directory and files?

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM

src\orchard.proj. It might not be in the WebPI package.

Note that it does _almost_ what you want, except it's hard-coded to exclude some modules and build nuget packages for them. So, it might not be usable "as is". We are going to start working on a better solution to this.

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Ok, well I still could not figure it out, but what I did to get it going for now was to install the official package from the Web Platform Installer, and then manually updated just the files/dll's that I changed (not that many). With those changes my MySQL stuff works nicely, and we are up and running :)

I would love to test out any new build scripts you get going, so drop me a line when something is ready to test.