Can't switch between layers

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I am having some troubles switching between layers.

Whenever i go to the "Manage Widgets" section in Dashboard, I click on any of the default layers (Default, Authenticated, Anonymous, Disabled, TheHomepage) but when the page reloads the active layer is always Default.

The Url does change to:

/Admin/Widgets/Index/4

/Admin/Widgets/Index/5

/Admin/Widgets/Index/6

according to the link where I clicked but the active zones always corresponds to the Default layer.

Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 6:15 PM

This might be a bit of misunderstanding, hopefully. Do you see the layer you clicked being highlighted in blue?

That the zones would be the same is normal: the layers consist of information determining what widgets go where, but the zones themselves are the same for all layers. In other words, you should see the same zones but with a different set of widgets when you switch from a zone to the other.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Hi bertrandleroy,

No. What I mean is that even though I click on other layers such as "TheHomePage" or "Authenticated", the "Default" layer always remains highlighted in blue (active). So I can't edit the zones of the other layers. Does that make sense?

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM

The problem is that I can't reproduce that. What build are you using?

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I am using v.1.0.

I am thinking it has something to do with how we are deploying the application. Switching between layers works fine in my localhost environment but when I publish to our web server, the functionality does not seem to work there. I am wondering if I am missing a file in the deployment?

I know it is impossible for you to know what is going on if you can't reproduce it. I was just wondering if anybody else was having the same problem.

I appreciate your response and I'll make sure I update this post if I find an answer to this issue.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Well, you'd probably have other problems if deployment was incompletely done but yes, when you deploy make sure you configure whatever software you're using to upload *everything*.