Attempts to add media time out

Jan 26, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Hi,

I'm new to Orchard and run it over a dynamic DNS account from my own PC.  I can write stories, create folders, but every attempt to add media fails after a while with:

<!-- This row is for HTTP status code, as well as the divider--> <!-- Error Body -->

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• You are not connected to the Internet.
  • The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address

I also have a problem installing a new Theme.  It suggests giving write access, but doesn't detail on which screen to do that, IIS config or Windows Explorer.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm used to PHP content management systems like Joomla, but I'm new to Asp.net.

Regards,

Colin Begg

Developer
Jan 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Hi, as far as I remember you should add write permissions to appropriate folders inside your web application (or the whole application folder) to the user account the application is running under (by default it's is something like IUSR_<machine_name>). You can do that by Windows Explorer --> Folder properties --> Security tab.

Cheers, Piotr

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Hi Piotr,
Many thanks for the quick response. I tried it as you suggested as soon as I got home from work and it works perfectly, I now have a new Theme installed. I only added write permissions to Themes and Modules folders. Onward, ever onwards. Now to see if I can add media to the Media library.
Best Regards,
Colin Begg
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:58 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Attempts to add media time out [orchard:243346]

Hi, as far as I remember you should add write permissions to appropriate folders inside your web application (or the whole application folder) to the user account the application is running under (by default it's is something like IUSR_<machine_name>). You can do that by Windows Explorer --> Folder properties --> Security tab.

Cheers, Piotr