Editing a Layer

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Is there some way to:

1. Edit a layer?

2. Delete a layer?

If the answer is "Yes", then "How do I do it?" (and consider that editing or deleting a layer needs to be made more obvious in the UI because I searched for a 15 minutes in the docs and forums and 30 minute in the UI).

If the answer is "No", then the UI should be revised to help people understand why not.

Thanks, Alan

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Majority of the framework design and commentary I've received so far continues to reiterate the fact it isn't really a functional CMS ready for deployment at this phase but a foundation to design a CMS to your specifications. I would imagine this same principal applies to your request as well, where layer editing isn’t in the core functionality.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Click the icon on the left of the layer's name.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:28 AM

Thanks bertrandleroy! The little icon was indechipherable to me. It is amazing how often a "label is worth a thousand icon pixels". Since all the other commands like "Add a layer" and "Add to Zone" are textual links or labelled buttons, I didn't even think to try to find an icon for a command. It looks like some effort into consistant UI paradigms is in order.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:38 AM

I agree 100% with you.

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I've been using this for a few days now and was trying to edit a layer to see how they are defined but completely missed the little icon too, glad I read this post :)