Nested Lists

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:43 PM

So you can create a list, then create content inside of this list, and of course, select a list as content. In theory, you might believe you are then creating a nested list but this just creates a whole new list alltogether rather than a content item, as originally selected. Is it the intention of the core platform to allow for nested lists in the future?

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Well, we can do pretty much anything if there is demand for it.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

How is demand being determined? Is there a wish list somewhere that people can vote on?

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

So I just make demands to our resident program manager and it will be so? These forums have become magical!

All of these little small details add up to some serious development effort. I'm estimating roughly 80-120 hours of development on my part to make Orchard usable as an actual CMS so far with the current design since content organization is currently quite flat so features like this would go a long way.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:09 AM

wish list: http://orchard.uservoice.com

Yes, at this point in time, Orchard is a solid foundation for building modules and themes. It is clearly lacking many of the modules that are needed on many web sites. To quote the release notes:

"This software is in version 1.0. What we mean by 1.0 is that the code is in a stable state and
constitutes a solid foundation for building applications, themes and extensions. Some end-user
features may still be missing though and suggestions are welcome in the discussion forums."