Image gallery in posts

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Hello,

First i would like to congratulate you for the very nice product you provided to the community.

We are developing a custom CMS in .NET MVC and we heard about Orchard.
So we want to try to use Orchard instead ours CMS.

We need some features that are not still in Orchard and we should develop new modules for these feature for sure.
but before choosing Orchard we need to know if some basics features are implement or are easy to implement.

I would like to ask if there is a "module" allowing photo uploads to content.

We want to make content containing a title, a text , a photo gallery, tags , a custom field and maybe some other custom fields.

I think we should create a custom content type i.e. MyPostType .

Is my thought right?

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Yes, Orchard has those kind of features. Anyway the navigatio has simple way only which has not hierarchical. How's your own CMS product? Does it flexible for navigation function?

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for replying,

i our CMS we have tags of two types .

For example a post about ski in Austria has some tags with type Destination(Austria,Europe) and some tags with type Activity(i.e. ski etc) .

Do you believe that there is a way of emulating similar functionality in Orchard?

It is important to be able to distinguish the types of posts.

I think this would be possible if we make a custom type of content which has "flags" about it's type (a checkbox will be checked for Destination and unchecked if it Activity).

In the documentation i read that it is possible to add custom fields and custom content types. So i could do that.

Am i right?

Sorry for asking so much questions but i have to decide what platform we will use and i have to be sure about the choice.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2011 at 3:30 PM

There is a Taxonomy Module on the gallery which does it. It even handle hierarchical vocabularies, single/multi selection, specific templating for summaries (a content item of one category might be displayed differently).

If you have any question on this module, please use its own discussion forum at http://orchardtaxonomies.codeplex.com

Sebastien