Unable to install Orchard

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Hello,

I am new to the Orchard project and would like to try it out.

However, I have not been able to complete the installation of Orchard. After downloading it through WPI and launching it from IIS, I recieve the following error:

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "NotFound" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list

If I comment out the line starting with '<add name="NotFound"...' in Orchards web.config I recieve the following error:

HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.

How do I get past this error and complete my installation of Orchard?

Best regards / Jonathan

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 7:09 PM

This seems to be a bad IIS configuration. I'd check the application pool settings for .NET 4.0, that sort of thing.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I have made sure that Orhcard's Application Pool is set to use .Net 4.0.
I am running Umbraco and Drupal off the same site (but in seperate applications with their own application pools) and they are working just fine.

Just tried reinstalling IIS to see if it would fix the problem but I'm still getting the same error...
Uploaded Orchard to a web hosting provider and it is working fine there, but I'd rather be developing the site locally. 

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Could it be the application pool is set to "Classic" mode?

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:06 PM

The Managed Pipeline Mode of my Orchard application pool is set to Integrated...

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I'm having the same problem. I've made sure the application pool is running as .Net 4.0 and Identity is Network Service. Can someone please help us??

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Please include as many details as you can about your IIS configuration once you have verified you are running in integrated mode in IIS 7 with an app pool that is configured for ASP.NET 4.0.

Feb 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Have you tried to register asp.net to your iis.

You should run cmd, find .net 4.0 directory (mine is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 - it's different for 32bit I think ) and run famous "aspnet_regiis.exe -i"

I think this could end your nightmare.

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM
nemke wrote:

You should run cmd, find .net 4.0 directory (mine is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 - it's different for 32bit I think ) and run famous "aspnet_regiis.exe -i"

thanks this solved my problem

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM
vinamra2004 wrote:
nemke wrote:

thanks this solved my problem

Thanks this solved my problem too, I usually use .Net Fx V2.0.50727