Localizing Content

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM

This is a pre-download question, because I'm not going to set this up unless I know I can do this :)

When creating new pages, is there a way to specify the different content parts in different languages so that if someone visits that page with different locales it will show the content for that language, or do I have to setup a completely different version of the site (domain/en/page & domain/de/page)?

I would rather setup the structure of a site once and just have different language versions of the same page, so that if you visit domain/page in an EN browser, you see it in English, but if you visit the same page in a DE browser, you see the German content if available... at least that's the way I localize my sites when building from scratch.

Thanks!

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Everything except sidebar widgets and the main menu are localizable.

For more info you can read it yourself http://www.orchardproject.net/docs/Creating-global-ready-applications.ashx?HL=localize

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

The optional localization module that is available from the gallery enables you to create multi-language content items. Switching the version according to the current culture of the user is not implemented out of the box but it should be extremely simple to do it with a small module containing a custom culture manager.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Somehow I completely missed that doc O_o... I'm getting old I guess :)

Thank you for the replies, this does help a lot.