Trust level medium

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:27 AM

How can you write in the documentation that Orchard is designed for todays shared hosting environments? It doesn't seem to work with Medium trustlevel.....

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Oh, that's an easy one: because we're not done yet :)

Medium trust is a high priority for 1.0.

This being said, it's very easy nowadays to find affordable shared hosting with full trust.

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I'm glad to be giving you such easy questions. So, then.... Can you name one Swedish provider allowing Full trust in a hosted environment? And as for the documentation.... is it then to be seen as the future "specification"?

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Sure, you can find hosters using this tool: I did a quick search on Sweden and found this: I couldn't find on the site whether their hosting is full trust but a phone call should determine that. I would also suggest widening your search to other neighouring countries at least if possible. Is there a specific reason why you would have to limit your hoster to Sweden?

Alternatively, you could also wait for Orchard 1.0 (January 2011) as it will support medium trust.

About documentation, we have some specs online but the bulk of the documentation is and is going to remain tutorials for end-users, developers, integrators and designers. Is there something specific you'd like to see?

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:34 AM

So I kind of was a bit angry when I stumbled upon this and I really didn't think you should take the time to loop up a provider. According to their support wiki they didn't have 4.0.

I solved the problem by going manual and writing a site with the features I need as I stumble upon them, awaiting your "medium trust" supporting release.

The thing that bothers me with your FAQ says: "Orchard is tailored for today’s shared hosting environments, where users potentially have less control over what software is running on the server."

Waiting for your release since I think the product looks really promising.

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I'm interested in Orchard but my host limits to medium trust. When are you going to add medium trust support?

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Medium trust should be a feature of 1.0, which is scheduled for January 2011.