After an iteration when is Orchard released?

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Hi,

You've mentioned that the next iteration ends in two weeks, is that when 0.8 is actually released or are there a few days/weeks after the iteration is complete before it is released?

Reason I ask is that I've got some holiday time to take off and wanted to coincide it with the next release of Orchard so I can get stuck in

Thanks

Gareth

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Yep, the end of this iteration marks the 0.8 release. Since the iteration ends on a Friday in a couple of weeks I’d give it until the beginning of the following week to expect the release bits up on Codeplex.

-Nathan

Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:23 AM
To: Nathan Heskew
Subject: After an iteration when is Orchard released? [orchard:229151]

Hi,

You've mentioned that the next iteration ends in two weeks, is that when 0.8 is actually released or are there a few days/weeks after the iteration is complete before it is released?

Reason I ask is that I've got some holiday time to take off and wanted to coincide it with the next release of Orchard so I can get stuck in

Thanks

Gareth

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Whoops, guess I need to start with an empty mail on the reply :|

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Marvellous that's my week sorted!

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Thanks for this. I am really looking forward to 1.0.

Do you have an estimate for when 1.0 will be released? And will Azure be supported from day one?

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM

1.0 is scheduled for January 2011. Azure is already supported.

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM

What in Azure is supported?  I would love to use our instance in Azure.  When I deploy, it keeps cycling.  I have tried the source from the latest downloads and also our own build from the latest cloud release download.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Everything. It just happens to be broken in the current dev build. Sorry about that. Sébastien can give details.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Fantastic. Our new system is scheduled for Q1 2011, so with a planed 1.0 in january, Orchard just took a huge step towards the top of my list of web platforms... :-)