I currently have a module with a controller that has access to another database (not CMS db) via a WCF service. I am having real difficulties creating forms on the front end to allow the user to interact with the database. I am aware of the custom form
modules/widgets/shapes etc. but they don't seem to cater for my requirements. Can someone please tell me if the below is possible and point me in the right direction as to how I might be able to do it. I' have been trying to keep things as close to the MVC
architecture as possible which might be hindering me slightly
- A form on the front end that the user completes and submits to my controller
- The posted form hits my controller action (WCF/database call is made) and saves the data
- Possibly display a success message
- User enters a reference number and submits form
- Controller returns data from database based on reference number submitted
- Display the data on the front end to the user
Ideally any forms on the front end will need to be placeable onto certain areas/zones.
Any help appreciated greatly!
Thank you in advance