Can't save content changes - IIS Configuration Issue?

Topics: Troubleshooting
Mar 24 at 5:15 PM
Hi all, this is a strange one for me...

I just cloned the 1.10 branch into a dev environment. I built the source, added the Orchard.Web site to my local IIS install, setup permissions, and was able to create the new site. I've done this a handful of times, so I'm pretty set on the setup. Pretty simple.

But this time, for whatever reason, when I open up the default page entry and try to make a change, it doesn't save the changes. I can create a NEW page, but I can't add any content to it. I can save and publish just fine... but any changes to content are lost.

Now here's where it gets weirder. If I go back to VS, set it up to build and run with IIS Express, then everything works as expected. Content changes are saved.

I'm really pulling my hair out on this one... someone tell me it's a simple fix please. Hahah... thanks in advance!
Mar 24 at 6:39 PM
Edited Mar 24 at 6:41 PM
Well, after pulling my hair out for awhile and trying even more weird things out, I figured something out... I've been browsing to localhost for weeks (with 1.9.x). But now with 1.10, that's the problem. I opened up my console in Chrome to see if there was something going on.

When the page loads, I get this error (in the Chrome dev console):
9:503 Uncaught TypeError: window.Orchard.Layouts.LayoutDesignerHost is not a constructor
I then make a change to the content and click save, and get this error:
LayoutDesignerHost.js:66 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'canvas' of undefined
When I instead use my computername (instead of localhost) to browse and edit, everything works as expected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a limitation with the canvas object. But at least I'm up and running again... :)
Developer
Mar 26 at 11:15 AM
Could it be that your browser cached an outdated version of the scripts? Happened to me all the time when switching between 1.9 and 1.10 branches.