Image Gallery

Topics: Administration, Core, General
Dec 9, 2015 at 8:26 PM
I have been using version 1.9.1 for a month or so now, but I cannot get any of the image gallery modules to work for me. I have tried the main one "Image Gallery 1.4.0". That particular on will install fine and I can enable it, but it never shows up anywhere for me to be able to create image galleries. I used an earlier version of Orchard a few years ago, and I was able to get the gallery to work great, but in the current version I can't seem to get any of them to work 100%. Any ideas?
Developer
Dec 10, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Maybe you have some errors that also show up in the logs? Please check.

BTW this modules may be also for you (but it's paid): http://www.ideliverable.com/products/ideliverable-slides
Jan 5 at 8:35 PM
Nothing shows up in the error logs ( I assume you mean App_Data/Logs). Everything seems to install and enable just fine, the Image Gallery just doesn't show up in the menu on the left. Any suggestions?
Jan 5 at 8:36 PM
I would be more than happy to give you access to the dashboard for you to look at it.
Jan 16 at 12:24 PM
Image Gallery is working for me in 1.9.2.

I did following:
1) install module, but don't enable it
2) copy ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (found in lib folder of image gallery) into orchard's bin
3) Edit the file \Mello.ImageGallery\Services\ImageGalleryService.cs, line 68 should read like
return _mediaService.GetMediaFolders(ImageGalleriesMediaFolder).Select( x => CreateImageGalleryFromMediaFolder((MediaFolder)x));
4) enable the module, image gallary should apear in the menu