Elections - Call for candidates

Topics: Announcements, General
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM

This thread is for members to enlist as candidates for the Steering Committee.

What is the Steering Committee ?

The five members of the Steering Committee get to vote on important decisions for the Orchard project. This is not a technical role (we don't vote on design and technical decisions), and all candidates are welcome, as long as they are contributors in one form or another.

Will candidates please declare themselves and explain in a few sentences why they should be one of the five people who will make the governance decisions for the whole Orchard community?

Schedule

This thread is open until November 3rd at 12:00PM Pacific Time, at which time a new thread will be open for voting (secret voting will also be available) and remain open for two weeks.

Who can vote?

Can vote anyone who, between November 3rd at 12:00PM Pacific Time and November 17th at 12:00PM Pacific Time has done any of the following contributions:
  • published a message on the discussions forum (spam doesn't count)
  • published a message on the gitter.im room (spam doesn't count)
  • published or commented an issue
  • published or commented a pull-request
  • published some documentation
  • attended the Harvest conference

How to vote?

Each person has five votes to cast on five candidates of his choice. You cannot cast more than one vote on a single candidate. You do not have to spend all of your votes. You can vote by simply replying to the voting thread, or if you prefer to vote secretly, you will be able to do so using e-mail. Once the vote is closed, results and winners will be announced. The five new elected members will then proceed to elect the Benevolent Dictator.
Developer
Oct 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM
I believe you mean by November 3rd you mean 3 November 2014 for the eligibility to vote? Otherwise I'd like to visit the Harvest conference this November :-).
Developer
Oct 22, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Edited Oct 22, 2015 at 10:56 AM
I am candidate to be a committee member.

Here are some of my recent contributions to the Orchard community:
Thanks to my contributions, I am a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) in ASP.NET/IIS
I will participate in November to the MVP Summit in Seattle, on the Microsoft campus.

During the next months, my main goals are to :
  • Help to improve the docs.
    • I am currently evaluating ReadTheDocs to see if it is a viable solution to organize the documentation.
  • Help to migrate the discussions forum.
    • We previously discussed about the possible usage of Discourse.
  • Involve more people.
    • By example, by making it easier for first contributors to 'jump into' the Open Source philosophy.
  • Help in the development of Orchard 2.0
    • Participate to design meetings, organize the dev effort.
Thank you.

Antoine Griffard.
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM
Edited Oct 26, 2015 at 4:11 AM
I'll be a candidate again this year to be a committee member. You may know me from my presence on Stack Overflow, from my blog posts (https://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/Tags/Orchard), from my interventions on the weekly podcast, or from one of my talks at the Harvest conference.

I've been a founding member of this project, and as such, I will apply my energy making sure that Orchard 2.0 is as forward-looking, and as true to good architecture as Orchard 1.x has been in its time. I'll also continue to show as many Orchard users as possible what is possible on the platform, through my blog posts and videos.

As a member of the .NET team at Microsoft, I'll ensure that Orchard is on the radar of the company and of the .NET Foundation as one of the major .NET open source projects, and I'll keep future Orchard designs in sync with the .NET roadmap.

And as always, I'll be at the podcast recording every week.

Thank you for your continued support
Bertrand Le Roy
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:14 PM
Me !
Developer
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM
I'll be a candidate this year as well. I've been involved with the project since early 2011 and contributed in various ways and forms. I love Orchard and its amazing community, and I am dedicated to improving it and contribute to Orchard 2.0. It's been a privilege to have been a steering committee member for the last 3 years, and I hope you will consider my candidacy once again.

Some of my contributions over the last year are:
  • Helping out on the forums
  • Fixing bugs, improving existing features
  • Contributed the Layouts and Dynamic Forms modules
  • Blogging
  • Attending the community & bug triage meetings
Thank you for your continued support.

Peace
Sipke Schoorstra
Developer
Nov 3, 2015 at 7:37 PM
I'll be a candidate too.

Will keep it short: if you've heard of me then I guess you can already decide whether to vote for me or not; if you don't know me then I'm not a good enough candidate for you. I'd like to just mention One Cool Thing™: I'm the originator of one of the biggest development teams out there that you can turn to for Orchard services (at Lombiq, roughly 20 Orchard developers). Good/bad? Your vote.
Developer
Nov 3, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Hey there, Benedek Farkas reporting for duty! Let's play buzzword bingo!

Orchard Hungary, Orchard Dojo, Orchard Harvest, Orchard Podcast, Orchard Orchard, Lombiq Technologies, Óbuda University, DotNest, Crowdin.

You vote, you win.

Cheers!
Developer
Nov 3, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Throwing myself into the hat for candidacy this year as well!

It's been a pleasure to serve this great community since almost the very beginning of this project and an honor to be on the steering committee since it was established. I also attended all and helped organize all but the last Orchard Harvest conferences.

Honestly, I hasn't been as visible in the community as much as I'd love for the past year for various reasons, day job being the most important factor. I wasn't happy with this, so guess what? I changed my job! Decided that involvement in Orchard and our awesome community is much more important to me. Thanks to this I'd be able to contribute much more and finally get back to the level of commitment I've been on for the earlier years.

My main focuses would be:
  • Developer-related side of things - making Orchard easy to adopt by new developers
  • Bug fixing, new features
  • Orchard 2.0
  • Helping on forums, blogging etc.
You can find me on forums, blogging, and, of course on Stack Overflow. Oh, and on the next Harvest conference too:)

Thank you so much for your vote!
Piotr Szmyd