Orchard 1.9.1 Container Layout

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Sep 9, 2015 at 12:19 PM
I set up the following Content Definition in an Orchard 1.9.1 site:
  - Logo (Media Library Picker Field)
  - Container (single supported type - Product)

- Containable
  - [Generic Fields]
I added a few sample Product items to the site, and as part of that it had me select the Member Of option, which was a list of Manufacturer items I had already added.

The issue I have is, when I try to build a query to use with a projection widget, I can't seem to find a way to get either a Manufacturer's children, or a Product's parent container since I need to display all content on a single view. There are only going to be ~20 line items here, so performance is a non-issue. If I do multiple queries (one for each type), everything shows up individually but the Shape Tracing tool, when showing me the various Model items on the view, can't seem to show me either of these options.

My end goal is building a custom view to display this information, but I can't figure out how to traverse either up the Product to what its' parent container is, or traverse down from a Manufacturer to the child Product items below it.

I played with this some more and came across the ability to take a query and attach a layout to it. That is definitely getting me closer, however the grouping option says No properties are currently available in order to group this view, however I would think being part of a container/containable would define grouping automatically. As it stands, this lets me show everything, but unfortunately the parent/child show, and then the children repeat again, independent of the parent. It's so close, but I can't quite get it right.

How do I build a query that lets me see all of this so I can build a projection widget off of that?