Error deploying to azure from forked repo on github.

Topics: Installing Orchard
Aug 19, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Hello all,

The situation:
  1. fresh fork of orchard on github
  2. new app on azure
  3. authenticate and add github repo as continuous delivery source
  4. fails with the below error
Command: deploy.cmd
Handling .NET Web Application deployment.
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.6.81.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

D:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\TypeScript\Microsoft.TypeScript.targets(121,34): error MSB4057: The target "PreComputeCompileTypeScript" does not exist in the project. [D:\home\site\repository\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.DynamicForms\Orchard.DynamicForms.csproj]
Failed exitCode=1, command="D:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" "D:\home\site\repository\Orchard.proj" /t:Precompiled /v:m
An error has occurred during web site deployment.
Handling .NET Web Application deployment.
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.6.81.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

D:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\TypeScript\Microsoft.TypeScript.targets(121,34): error MSB4057: The target "PreComputeCompileTypeScript" does not exist in the project. [D:\home\site\repository\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.DynamicForms\Orchard.DynamicForms.csproj]
Failed exitCode=1, command="D:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" "D:\home\site\repository\Orchard.proj" /t:Precompiled /v:m
An error has occurred during web site deployment.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SiteExtensions\Kudu\47.40731.1723\bin\scripts\starter.cmd deploy.cmd
So this is the core problem I am positing about. As in my research I came to believe this was possible as the repo has a .deployment script. Would be great if someone can clarify whether i have been going about this the right way. I have provided some context below - only read if interested or needed.

Background context:
On this project we started with using webmatrix, then switched to publishing the Orchard.Web project from VS after we started developing a new theme and module. We were using a Script.Require in a module and a resource manifest and started getting path errors when we published. Wherein azure would try to get resources from an absolute path that used the path of the machine it was being compiled on (the local machine). We "solved" this by just switching to Script.Include and not having a manifest and created a exploratory ticket in the backlog to try and work this out. This is when we tried to get CD setup from github to azure as this would mean the code would be compiled on the server and the paths would work. It occurs to me now that there may have been a way to make the resource manifest use relative paths. I will make a new ticket!

In any case I thought it would be great to get a discussion going around clarifying how to deploy for noobs.

Thanks for your time.
Dan