after installation keeps asking to login over and over

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
Aug 18, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2015 at 11:47 PM
I Created database in SQL Server, gave SQL user account proper perms such as table create, trying to setup themes, asks me to log in. I provide the "superuser" login info from the initial setup page and it just goes back to the same screen asking me to log in. No error message. If I give it my network login info I get an error message (properly). I see the welcome page ok just can't do anything else after that.

If I delete the App_Data directory & contents, it starts the whole process over again except it complains about the table prefix already existing so I have to delete the database entirely, then trying again gives the same results. There is nothing in the Logs file even after I stop IIS.

Not sure if it matters but I installed a theme manually named HTMLkickstart, would that have anything to do with the Access Denied I keep getting?

Help please!
Developer
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:01 PM
I've seen this a few times before, but can't recall why it happened exactly, It was something stupid, that I do remember.
A few things to try:
  • Delete all your cookies and restart the browser
  • Make sure you made no changes to web.config
  • Make sure that the username you're logging in with really is configured to be the site owner (check row number one of the "Orchard_Framework_ContentItemRecord" table, Data column. For example:
<Data><SiteSettingsPart SiteSalt="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" SiteName="Orchard" PageTitleSeparator=" - " SiteTimeZone="GMT Standard Time" SuperUser="admin" SiteCulture="en-US" BaseUrl="http://node1.orchard.local" /><ThemeSiteSettingsPart CurrentThemeName="TheThemeMachine" /></Data>
(Confirm the SuperUser attribute)
  • Ultimately just attach the debugger and step through the code, and or re-download Orchard source code version and launch it straight from VS and IIS Express. Just as a sanity check to see that it works, and rebuild your configuration step by step.