Orchard Angular

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Aug 3, 2015 at 12:29 PM
I am writing a module for orchard which will be mostly built from angular. I'm not new to angular and am fairly comfortable with orchard. I have done a lot of MVC work. I am however having difficulty getting the two to run together.

I managed to get one page/view working but am having problems with the routing. If someone could point me to an example module which uses angular. that would be great

Thanks
Developer
Aug 3, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2015 at 12:38 PM
The Orchard.Layouts module uses AngularJS for the layout editor. Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Aug 3, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I was having a look at that but is doesn't seem to userouting (ngroute).
Aug 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM
OK I have the routing working. My main problem now is using templates. I can use inline templates ok but if i reference a html template file I always get file not found. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this.
Developer
Aug 4, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Yes, by default Orchard locks down everything using web.config, and then remaps the * path to StaticFileHandler from folders such as Styles and Scripts. So in your case, you could add a StaticFileHandler mapping to a web.config file in the folder where your HTML templates are stored.
Aug 4, 2015 at 2:08 PM
Thanks i have tried that but cant quite get it to work. Could you direct me to a sample or tutorial that may help.

Thanks