Creating custom forms in the admin area

Topics: Administration, Core
Jul 28, 2015 at 10:52 PM
I hope this is in the right place.
I have a very specific form I need to create for the admin area, I have so far, created a custom contact form which is displayed on the public facing side but I have not been able to translate this experience in to being able to create a custom form that can be used in the admin area.
Is this request possible using orchard's out of the box features or using a simple plugin or do I need to make my own custom module?

If it is possible, how do I do it?
Jul 29, 2015 at 8:01 AM
What Custom Forms is actually doing, is just taking the 'form' to create a content type, and display it on the front end of the site. What you are requesting is therefore the reversing of the using of custom forms. What you actually are requesting is just the creation of a content type in the admin area.

So, please elaborate what you are trying to achieve, because it sounds to me you are just trying to create a content type from the dashboard (which is what Orchard is practically build on)
Jul 29, 2015 at 10:37 PM
I thought I was missing something. I hope I can explain sufficiently.

within the admin area if a user wants to add a blog entry they simply click (sorry this is from memory so something like) content -> blog, then they are presented a form. the form will contain title, image section and a body section. What I am trying to do is essentially replicate that but the form requires many more fields and options within the form.

An explanation even if brief of how to achieve this will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Jul 30, 2015 at 7:58 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2015 at 8:00 AM
Again, this is exactly how orchard works.

Anything you want to have someone in the dashboard be able to create, create a content type for that. Then you only need to check the 'Creatable' to enable creation in the dashboard of the content type. After this there will be a menu item under 'New' in the dashboard menu. When you click this, the form is shown to create that content type.

That's all there is :)

If you want to have more fields and options, just attach it to the content type and they will show up in the form.